- Director, Analytical Laboratory Operations
Global Pharma Analytics, Inc. (GPA) is a cGMP contract analytical chemistry laboratory. GPA’s focus is to develop precise, accurate and above industry standard analysis to support pharmaceutical, nutritional and specialty chemical companies, from analytical testing and stability programs to consulting services. We are dedicated to helping our customers achieve the highest standard of quality with all their consumer products by supporting each customer’s unique analytical needs with our vast technical experience and integrity.
The Director of Analytical Laboratory Operations will play a critical role in the delivery of quality analytical services for current and future Global Pharma Analytics customers. The Director of Analytical Laboratory Operations will have the responsibility for establishing the strategic vision, development and deployment of our set of services that will enhance our revenue and client experience. This position is responsible for managing major projects/contracts. The incumbent plays a lead role in strategic planning and interfacing between GPA Technical Staff and the customers.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Responsible for supporting business development by being the front-facing technical resource for GPA, this includes proposal writing, being a part of customer initiated meetings, etc.
- Work with Sales and Marketing personnel to develop short and long-term marketing strategies for analytical services.
- Coordinates with the client to translate a customer need into a deliverable solution.
- Assemble relevant resources and appropriate materials to support sales pursuits including acting as a liaison between the Sales Team and the Laboratory Leads.
- Requires good analytic skills to probe and understand the client’s situation, and then translate that knowledge into a solution specific to that client. Often requires ability to educate and influence the client.
- Ability to define equipment and manage a staff consisting of both permanent and temporary staff to manage project workload.
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with partners to increase our service offering by using subcontractors.
- Be active participant in the Quality process including writing SOPs, initiating and investigation of CAPA, understanding regulatory requirements, and trending.
- Educate the Sales Team on the lab capabilities and opportunities through partnerships / services in the delivery of client solutions.
- Plan, coordinate and implement the analytical workload to ensure quality standards and client timelines are fulfilled.
- Ensure laboratory activities are carried out in a responsible manner and in compliance with the relevant Health & Safety Guidelines.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Experience with pharmaceutical product performance tests including method development & validation experience.
- Effective communication skills to report the outcome of routine & non-routine analytical investigations.
- Aptitude to interact and apprise clients at multiple levels, including corporate officers, vice presidents, directors, and business and technology management.
- Ability to recognize and lead teams to resolve issues.
- Strong sense of responsibility to work independently and problem solve.
- Basic understanding of accounting standards used to track performance metrics.
- Previous Analytical lab management experience.
- Comprehensive knowledge of vendors and third-party products.
- Hands on experience in Drug and or Medical Device regulated industries.
- Previous management and reporting experience a plus.
- Project Management experiences a plus.
- Strong skills in technical and proposal writing.
- Capability to deal with and resolve ambiguity.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action.
- Adapt and adjust personal style to different situations.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Aptitude to plan, lead, and execute projects.
- Ability to strategically think, balancing long and short-term priorities.
- A clear understanding of and adherence to professional quality standards.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Chemistry or equivalent required; Advanced Degrees will be considered strongly.
- 10+ years of experience in Quality Control, Management, or Operations.
To apply for this position, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The successful candidate will enjoy a competitive and benefits package commensurate with work experience. We offer Medical, Dental insurance, 401(K).
Global Pharma Analytics and Somahlution, Inc. are fully committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and to attracting, retaining, developing and promoting the most qualified employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. We are dedicated to providing a work environment free from discrimination and harassment, and where employees are treated with respect and dignity. This policy reflects the organization’s belief that providing equal opportunities for all employees is both a moral responsibility and good management practice.